Windows Server 2003 for Embedded Systems with the Server Appliance Software 3.0
The specification is subject to change without notice in advance. The brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Any configuration other than original product specification is not guaranteed.
OverviewFeaturesLicense ModelHow to LicenseRelated Link
Windows Server 2003 for Embedded Systems with the Server Appliance Software Version 3.0 is based on the same core software as the general purpose versions of Windows Server 2003, but is licensed to provide specific server functionality within an IT infrastructure.
- Unlike with Windows Server 2003 R2 for Embedded Systems, dedicated server and server appliance solutions running Windows Server 2003 for Embedded Systems with the Server Appliance Software Version 3.0 must be “headless” devices – without connection to a local keyboard, mouse or monitor – that are remotely managed.
The included Server Appliance Software Version 3.0 runs on top of the Windows Server 2003 for Embedded Systems operating system and provides OEMs with a default Web browser-based interface for system management.
The default Web browser-based user interface can be modified, customized, or replaced by the OEM`s own Web-based user interface.
- Device types
- Antivirus server
- Email filtering server
- Network traffic monitoring server
- Miscellaneous server solutions with qualifying Embedded Applications
- Software Architecture
- 3rd Party Applications: Anti-virus, SNMP agents, etc
- Server Appliance Software (SAK) : Browser-based user interface for server management
- Windows Server 2003 : Contains OS for optimized dedicated server functions, network integration and device drivers, Over 3,000 Printer Drivers, Image Color Management (ICM) 2,0, Standard TCP/IP Port Monitor, UniDry and PostScript Printer Drivers, System Monitor with Print Queue, URL Printer Naming and Web-based Point-and-Print User and Server-level Reporting,
- OEM Proprietary Software
- Email Filtering, Network Monitoring, etc
- OEM Differentiators and Implementations
- Includes all enhancements to drivers and web UI
- Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition for Embedded Systems with the Server Appliance Software 3.0 (1-4 CPU)
- Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition for Embedded Systems with the Server Appliance Software 3.0 (1-8 CPU)