Windows Server 2008 R2 for embedded systems
The specification is subject to change without notice in advance. The brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Any configuration other than original product specification is not guaranteed.
- Windows Embedded Server is binary identical to Windows Server. Windows Server 2008 for embedded systems offers a proven, robust, highly available and reliable operating system for OEMs for embedded applications in server appliances in a wide variety of industries where long term product availability is essential, particularly in Intelligent Systems architectures.
- Advantages of Windows Server 2008 R2
- Server Core
- Windows Server 2008 for embedded systems introduced a new installation mode, Windows Server Core, which installs only the files needed to support a designated server role. Server Core installation generally requires less maintenance and updating than a full Windows Server installation because fewer components are installed and running on the server. Hence, fewer components are exposed to attack over the network, making servers running the Server Core installation more secure, as they are less vulnerable to viruses, data theft or other compromises.
- Help reduce costs, increase hardware utilization, optimize business infrastructure, improve server availability, and enhance their productivity with Hyper-V, powerful virtualization technology that enables businesses to take advantage of virtualization’s benefits, for your intelligent systems.
- Processor : Minimum: 1.4GHz x64 processor
- Memory : Minimum: 512MB RAM
- Available Disk Space : Minimum: 32 GB, installation. Computers with more than 16GB of RAM will require more disk space for paging, hibernation, and dump files
- Support : 10-year product support lifecycle**
- ** 10 year product support is combination of 5 years mainstream and 5 years extended. See Microsoft Support for more details.
- OEMs can leverage the benefits made available through Windows Server 2008 R2 for embedded systems to build and deliver a wide variety of server solutions, including:
- Medical Imaging
- Security & Surveillance
- Industrial Automation
- Streaming Media Server
- Telecommunications (PBX Server)
- Windows Server 2012 Standard for Embedded Systems
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for Embedded Systems Standard
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for Embedded Systems Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 for Embedded Systems Standard
- Windows Server 2008 for Embedded Systems Enterprise
- Windows Server 2003 R2 for embedded systems
- Windows Server 2003 for embedded systems
>> Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
Install this update to improve the reliability, scalability, and memory optimization of the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) in Windows Server 2003.